People usually have a strong reaction to reality television. Most are ashamed to admit that they watch it while others proudly watch it. I admit that I watch reality TV not because I enjoy the drama but I do learn something from watching these women. I have seen many of them build businesses and using their time on the show to build brands. Here are my favorites:
1. Bethenny Frankel. When we first saw Bethenny on the New York series she was a struggling chef trying to launch a brand around her food. She created the Skinny Girl Margarita which turned into a family of cocktails that she sold in 2011 for millions.
2. Kandi Burruss. We all knew Kandi from the music group Xscape but when she joined the Atlanta series we found out that not only can she write songs but she launched her adult line Bedroom Kandi.
3. Teresa Guidice. We we first met Teresa on the New Jersey series she was a stay-at-home mother but when her family got into financial trouble she published several successful cookbooks and launched alcohol brand Fabullini.
4. Gretchen Rossi. When her fiance died, Gretchen, of the Orange County series, started a cosmetic line Gretchen Christine Beaute, which has expanded into handbags.
5. Lisa Vanderpump. We we first met Lisa, of the Beverly Hills series, she was already an established restauranteur. She open her new spot, Sur, and then got a spinoff reality show to promote it.
No matter how you feel about these shows you have to admit that these women are doing big business.
Photo Credit Vibe Vixen